Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wall Art

Well, I'm only a year late, but last March I made a lot of things for a bunch of family kids birthdays. A super simple project that I think turned out pretty nicely. I took a basic square canvas that I had picked up at the Michaels boxing day sale (I think a pack of 7 was like $10). I painted each canvas the birthday child's favourite colour, then googled a picture of their favourite item at the time, cut it out on cardstock and mod podged it on the canvas. I added their names with basic stickers I found at Dollarama.

Not too shabby for a $2 picture. Although my own daughter has been asking one for herself for almost a year now, so perhaps I should stop putting it off.

I did end up spraying a glossy finish to the pictures, and I think they are still a bit wet in some of my pictures, hence the extra shine.


Give it a try, it's so super simple, and 2 year olds are amazed by very small things, such as a picture of a tractor!!

1 comment:

  1. Those are so awesome!!!! Such a great idea and they look amazing!

    BTW, I recently had someone nominate me for what is essentially the blog world's version of a chainletter, and I have nominated you now too ;)
    http://www.impatientviolet.com/2013/02/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete